Happy Earth Day! Part of today is celebrating this big beautiful blue planet we call home. We’ve compiled some environmental conservation victories for you today.
There is so much work left for us to do, but it’s important that we step back and acknowledge how far we’ve come.
Here are the latest victories:
- For the first time in 240 years, White-Tailed Eagles have been spotted in Southern England.
- Rare sea turtles are returning to beaches around the world.
- Mountain Gorilla numbers surge despite continued threats.
- Scientists agree that our Oceans can be saved in just 30 years.
- Blue Whales are returning to the sub-arctic islands of South Georgia.
- Southwest Atlantic Humpback whale populations have gone from fewer than 500 to over 25,000.
- National Geographic has put together a slideshow of 50 environmental victories to celebrate 50 years of Earth Day.