How to Educate Yourself on Racism in America
With the recent events happening around the country regarding racism and civil rights, there are bound to be some uncomfortable conversations in all of our futures.
Let us be clear, this is a good thing.
Open communication is a major first step in the healing process that this country must undergo.
The best way to engage in a conversation is to educate yourself. Here are some great resources for everyone:
- The Meaning of Freedom and Other Difficult Dialogues by Angela Davis
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- From #BlackLivesMatter to Black Liberation by Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- The Racial Healing Handbook by Anneliese A. Singh