If we’ve learned one thing in 2020 it’s that change is the only constant. We’ve been hit with just about every imaginable scenario of hardship.
But, we push on. It’s the only thing we can do.
This weekend we’re going to spend some time recentering ourselves and focusing in on what we can do to become the best version of ourselves.
One of the best ways we know how to do that is to read.
Remember, reading is one of the Finnish secrets to happiness. Words, sentences, and paragraphs are the building blocks of ideas and concepts.
One book can literally change your entire life.
Here are a few of our recommendations:
If you’re struggling with the current situation our country is facing and want to educate yourself and learn more, try these:
- The Meaning of Freedom and Other Difficult Dialogues by Angela Davis
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- From #BlackLivesMatter to Black Liberation by Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor
If you’re looking for some fiction to give yourself a break from reality, check out these:
- Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
- Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb
If you’re curious about the human body and mind, you can learn a lot from these titles: