Writing is a powerful form of mental exercise. Combining it with an intention of gratitude compounds the benefits.
Here’s the formula;
- Set an intention
- Reflect on your intention
For this exercise, we are going to set an intention of gratitude.
Make sure to use a pen and paper. Writing exercises completed with a pen and paper force us to slow our brains down to get results.
In a world full of stimulation, slowing down is powerful. It’s like a mental plank.
Below is a three part writing exercise to set your intention of gratitude for the holidays.
Part 1: Set your Intention
- Set a timer for 5 minutes
- Who are you grateful for this holiday season?
Part 2: Exercise
- Set a timer for 10 minutes
- Write down why you are grateful for these people (go into as much detail as possible)
Part 3: Reflection
- Finally, write down 10 things that you have in your life to be grateful for (start with simple things like your body and clean water, then really dig in and see what you can come up with).
Thank you for doing our gratitude intention writing exercise! Please share this challenge with someone who could benefit from it.